New York Times Best Manga Sellers for the beginning of September are:
- Bleach, Volume 32 by Tite Kubo
- Alice in the Country of Hearts, Volume 4 by QuinRose Staff
- Maximum Ride Manga, Volume 3 by James Patterson
- Junjo Romantica, Volume 12 by Shungiku Nakamura
- Naruto, Volume 48 by Masashi Kishimoto
- Chibi Vampire Airmail by Yuna Kagesaki
- Rosario+Vampire by Akihisa Ikeda
- Air Gear 15/16/17, Vol. 15 by Oh!Great
- Black Bird, Volume 5 by Kanoko Sakurakoji
- Bakuman., Volume 1 by Tsugumi Ohba
One title sadly missing from the list is the sleeper hit, Black Butler. The only reason I can see for it’s being missed is because only
Volumes 1 and 2 have been released in English. I fully expect this book to hit the list as more manga fans find out about it and as more volumes become available.
A shock to see on the list is Alice in the Country of Hearts.
Though I love this series and it is an excellent read, it’s rather new compared to the other book listed. Rosario+Vampire and Chibi Vampire are old favs. Black Bird is relatively new and a great new one for those of you looking for a new series. I will have a review of that one coming up.
Now, let’s catch up on a few of our series, shall we?
To buy or not to buy, that is the question.
Black Butler II – Absolutely Buy
DramaCon 3 – Maybe
Vampire Kisses 2 & 3 – Buy
This has been your manga update,
if you have any input on these titles, I’d love to hear about it.