|Review of: Iron Man Overall Rating: 10 A+|
It has been a while since I went to watch a superhero movie and left feeling really good. This was an all around fantastic movie that was able to not only go beyond being just another mindless action film it also maintained the spirit of the comic. It has a compelling and edifying story line, tight action sequences, a delightfully playful sense of humor and dynamic animation and effects. Well worth the trip to the theater not only once but multiple times.
Iron Man is about a jerk billionaire Tony Stark who is a brilliant inventor and head of Stark Industries the world's leading designer and supplier of weapons. Tony is severely wounded in a combat zone by the enemy with his own weapons. After escaping his captors Tony realizes his legacy is one of death and suffering so he sets out to correct that legacy and becomes Iron Man.
******Spoiler Alert Section******* I loved what they did with S.H.I.E.L.D. in this movie, it actually took me hearing the full name several times before I realized it stood for S.H.I.E.L.D. By keeping S.H.I.E.L.D.'s involvement subtle they set up a simple continuation and did not add confusion to the existing story line. Unfortunately we do not get to see Nick Fury in the movie but I did get a kick out of the running joke over how long their name was and how they needed a shorter name thus becoming S.H.I.E.L.D. ******End Spoiler Alert Section *******
- Very enjoyable movie experience: the overall flow, feel, and look of the movie was absolutely delightful.
- They kept the spirit of Iron Man: though the details were different from the comic they still hit all of the notes.
- Special effects looks great
- The tech was all believable: either stuff grabbed from existing bleeding edge technology or stuff that is not too far from our current future but shown in both it's best and worse application.
- Perfect casting and execution of Tony Stark
- perfect casting and execution of Obadiah Stane
- The transformation of the Stark character was brilliantly done and believable.
Dislikes / Concerns
- The final conclusion to the climatic battle scene: this pertains to one part overall the final battle was really good. For more conversation head over to the Project: Shadow HQ.
How was your experience of watching Iron Man?
Get it Iron Man from Amazon